Laura from Web Courses Bangkok is here again this week to show you how to create a very easy Sticky-Post it. You can use on your website, or on your graphics.
Those of you who have never used a post-it in his life…raise up your hand! In this very easy tutorial I will show you how to create a digital sticky note. You can use it everywhere: on you website, on your graphics. So cute!
This is what we’re going to do:
Here is how to make it:
1. Open a new file on Photoshop 400 x 400 px, 72 dpi.
2. Create a new layer in the layers window and named it “Post-it”.
3. Choose the Yellow color from the Swatches window, then select the Rectangle Tool from the tool bar on your left-hand side and drow a rectangle in the Post-it layer.
4. Now click on Edit in the menu bar, then Transform Path > Warp. A grid appears on your shape. Click any one of the black circle and on the squares on the corners, and deform your shape as I’ve done.
5. Right-click on the layer “Post-it” and Duplicate it. Double click on the layer Thumbnail and choose black color.
6. Drag the copied layer below the original Post-it layer, and press Ctrl+T or go to menu Edit > Free Transform to transform this layer. Hold down Ctrl and click and drag the top-left control point right under the Post-it margin. Drag the others control points as shown and click Enter:
7. Reduce the opacity of the copy layer to 40%. Select the Gaussian Blur filter from the Filter menu and set 2,7 pixel Radius.
8. Right-click on the Post-it layer and select Blending Options. Apply the Gradient overlay with the following settings:
- Opacity: 100% – Normal
- Gradient: from #f4db42 in location 0% to #ffec69 in location 100%;
- Style: Linear (Align with Layer – checked)
- Angle: 72º
- Scale: 100%
9. The Post-it is done! Now, if you want to add a note, just select the Text Tool and type the text you want. And if you want to make it more realistic, add any background picture.